...and who doesn't!? (well, maybe one of those always-a-bridesmaid-and-never-a-bride types, which we were before—actually we were always-a-guest-and-not-even-a-bridesmaid haha!). recently, wedding essentials (WE) magazine launched its official website/blog weheartweddings.com and invited bloggers to cover the event—and the fash pack was there! the editor in chief (and fellow blogger) marbee shing-go is our friend and we wanted to support her new project. here she is with event host RJ ledesma during a light moment at the launch:
since we really have no use for a wedding magazine (kasi married na kami ;-), we checked out the blog and boy were we sucked in! nakaka-inggit, parang we want to get married again! we couldn't help but think hmmm it would've been nice if we did this or did that, or got this photographer or decorated the reception this way or used that theme etcetcetc... weddings these days are so different! super bongga! even if it's small, the production is still en grande. and we mean production! just check out the blog and look through the wedding photos of different couples and you'll see what we mean...
it might even inspire you to send in photos of your own wedding for the magazine's first online promo "say i do to the offer of a lifetime." the top prize: to be on the cover of WE's beautiful weddings issue! here's how it works: simply write all about your wedding day—from the gown to the food to the venue—and the writeup will be featured on weheartweddings.com. throughout the week, readers can vote on their favorite wedding story via an online poll. at the end of each week, the "wedding of the week" winner will be announced. the promo runs till july 18, 2010 so there's still lots of time to organize your photos and write your story! (hmmm should we join..? that'll mean having to scan tons of photos—hindi pa uso ang digital camera when we got married! yes, it was that long ago!!) send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
but heed the rules:
• your wedding must have taken place within september 2009 to the present. (uh-oh, theres goes our chance...)
• must have a philippine connection (i.e., must have at least one of the following: a filipino bride or groom or both; a philippine venue; at least 3 filipino wedding suppliers).
• entries must be 600-800 words long, be written in english, express details of the wedding in blog or essay format in your own voice, include 3 tips for soon-to-wed readers, and come with 8-10 photos linked to the facebook or website wedding photo album.
what's at stake:
• the WE editorial staff will pick 5 of their own favorite wedding stories. these 5 editorial picks and the 10 wedding of the week winners will each receive a WE gift bag worth P3,000 from sponsors, and will be featured in WE's beautiful weddings issue!
• best of all, each of the 15 wedding stories featured will have its own cover! plus the couples will be invited to the launch of WE's beautiful weddings issue in october, where they will receive a complimentary copy of the issue with their wedding on the cover.
tomorrow you have till midnight to vote for the wedding of the week! and you have two more months to join the promo!